Tuesday 16 September 2008

Take a deep breath

So, Tuesday. I feel like I should be doing something more than I'm doing. But really thinking hard what can be done right now.Its three days to the wedding, various people have called confirming the details for Friday.

And tomorrow people start to arrive.

Well, Mother dearest.And one of my oldest friends, Rambo.Yes, Rambo. How'd he get the name? Well, he is the most timid and shy person you can imagine; but one day at the chicken factory someone nicked his Crunchie bar and the others from his section egged them into a fight. Just as the factory manager walked past.He was sacked on the spot; his Dad went up to the factory to ask from his sons job back. Which is what happened. And so the nickname stuck.

Apart from me, he is the only person to have been to all my weddings; maybe he's the bad luck charm? Not that I believe in such things.

He is going to be luggage porter and general dogsbody for the trip down by train with my Mother. I just hope it all goes well for him.Jools is having her hen night tonight. The booze cruise on a ferry fell through for one reason or another.

They are going to a local pub for a meal and some rose wine. I haven't work out how to put accents over letters yet, so thats not rose wine; oh you know what I mean.We did go and pick up the wedding cake yesterday; nothing too extravagant, just one tier. It'll do for us.I can't promise that I will be able to write much from now on, but I am going to take this opertunity to thank everyone who has sent us good wishes for the big day.

Thank you all very much.

No comments: