Wednesday 14 January 2009

Wednesday Waiting

We began this week all excited and hoping that things would move forward very quickly.Apparently, legal wheels move more slowly than we thought, and it is already Wednesday and still we have not heard anything new. For our part, we have been doing some more packing and I guess we're not down to just the clothes we're wearing, but at imes it feels like it. And of course now that all CDs, vinyl and DVDs have been packed, of course it is one of those things I want to listen or watch now.

Yesterday I went up to Tescos, and being a Tuesday morning, and quite early, it was packed to bursting. Heck there was even a mad scramble for the last trolly/cart. I won out, but it seems that the narrowest of aisles is considered the best place for a meeting and compitition is stiff to see who can place the trolly in the most awkward angle as to almost leave the way clear for other shoppers.

But not quite.

Anyway, a single man shopping Tescos means rubbing shoulders with old ladies with 573 tins of cat food, and students with a months supply of Pot Noodles. I felt right out of place with a selection of fresh fruit and some spices needed for a nice looking recipe seen in one of the Sunday suppliments.The rest of the day was taken up with some more waiting by the telephone, and some occasional TV watching and avoiding letting the cats get too comfortable. They're still trying to work out how to get all three cats on one lap at the same time. It don't work yet, but they're working on it.

Dover Patrol

It was a glorious sunny morning today, and so I thought I would set off for some early morning photographs from the white cliffs. In the time it took for me to get from where Jools works to the cliffs, a thick blanket of fog fell, and there was nothing vsiable other than shades of gray and the muffled sounds of the harbour below. Just enough time to wander around the national Trust shop to see if there is anything worth buying in the post-Christmas sale, but remembered that I should be trying to eat less of the stuff I was looking for.

Dover Patrol

So, now I'm back home, and the sun broke through the fog and it's all glorious and sunny out there.

The View from the National Trust Car Park; White Cliffs, Dover

I should go out, but I think me and the cats to see how many of us can get on the same spot on the sofa at the time.

1 comment:

dawn said...

Ian, I'm so glad everything is going smoothly. What a beautiful home - it looks so huge and sunny.

Dawn