Sunday 13 June 2010

Friday 11th June 2010

And so it is Friday afternoon, and another working week draws to an end.

Yay!

And I am very glad to have reached this point after yesterday, when I had a morning in the hospital being poked and prodded. Not very nice at all, and it knocked me sideways for the rest of the day in truth. I had the day off work, and could have had today off too if I’d have wanted. But being the trooper I am came in and did my turn at the coalface.
As ever I am drowning in a sea of information, and struggling to see what it all means, as soon as I get an answer for question A, that throws up questions B-Z, or so it seems. It must mean something, although I am struggling to find that meaning. I write mails back and get ever more complicated answers drenched in technobabble, which is the word of the day for today. The company has all it’s information on a stupidly nonsensical database, which it is halfway through replacing with the propaganda pages that they call “The Hub”. It is full every day of faux ‘news stories’ about how great the company is, and how quality means everything, and yet on an hourly basis I see the lies that lay behind the spin. If they spend some of the money on the real issues that effect the company rather than glossy non-stories, things might be better.

Or not.

I have at least reached the stage where I have sent invoices to other parts of the company for stuff they have or not have done, that has cost us money. This is really a paperwork exercise moving money from one part of the company to another. The aim is to improve quality in the company, whci as I have seen is almost non-existent. Or so it seems. My boss is here next week and so maybe we can sort something out. Or not.

At least the weekend is here, and this means getting out and about, and for us, heading back in time to deepest Suffolk for another school reunion, and before hand taking the chance to visit a couple of photogenic locations, and maybe et up with my friend, Andrew. As well as seeing lots of old schoolfriends, with whom I have nothing in common except the past.

It isn’t work, though.

And today, the World Cup begins, which means that I will have less time than I have normally to do stuff like photography and the like. It’s only once every four years I guess, and when that finishes, it will be just three or so weeks before the football season begins again. It’ll be like it was never away…..

No comments: