Thursday 28 December 2023

Celebrate the Brexit bonus!

Francis: Why are you always on about women, Stan?
Stan: I want to be one.
Reg: What?
Stan: I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me “Loretta.”
Reg: What?!
Stan: It’s my right as a man.
Judith: Well, why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?
Stan: I want to have babies.
Reg: You want to have babies?!
Stan: It’s every man’s right to have babies if he wants them.
Reg: But you can’t have babies!

Stan: Don’t you oppress me.

Reg: I’m not oppressing you, Stan. You haven’t got a womb. Where’s the fetus gonna gestate? You gonna keep it in a box?

My first thought when it was revealed that here in the UK we will be able to buy wine in pints, as now unshackled from EU rules means we can.

The script is from Life of Brian, and Reg want's to be a woman, but when pointed out that he doesn't have the equipment, the compromise is that Stan has the right to be a woman, rather actually be one.

The thing about wine is it pretty comes in standard sizes. Mostly 70cl bottles, or multiples thereof, or even half that. In order to be able to sell wine in pints, wine will have to be available in pints, and the industry, or at least some winemakes will have to have the bottling facility to supply wine in pint bottles.

So it may come to pass, probably will come to pass, that we have the right to buy wine in pints, but not actually buy wine in actual pints.

In other words, a typical Brexit empty victory.

And this is something the Government wants us to celebrate!

[they] were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should."

No comments: