Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Sunday 4th October 2026

Ian, drop everything and bring your camera!

So said Jools yesterday morning. She was in the car port looking at the ground.

Two hundred and seventy seven There, on the ground, making for the thin flower bed between Chez Jelltex and next door was what looked like a kid's drawing of a caterpillar made real.

This was a Pale tussock moth, or will grow up to be, after it pupates.

What else could be picture of the day?

This was at ten in the morning, and I had been sitting on the patio nearing the end of the book on Churchcrawling.

Before then, well, you will not be surprised to learn we were up again before five, when it was yet dark, feeding the cats and making coffee.

We could have bailed on the gym. I had done 20,000 steps the day before, but there was music to listen to, and it is the very best time of day on Sunday to go, when it is almost empty.

Polymixis lichenea So we went.

Not before checking the moth trap, and shots of the trapees will have to wait, but some of what I expected, but none of the three exotic species I hoped for.

Aporophyla nigra So it goes.

We do phys, for forty minutes, then back home for eight.

Despite it being October, it was to be a warm, nearly hot sunny day, so after making brews, we sat outside on the patio where it was still a tad chilly, but would warm up.

Mythimna l-album Not much to do for the day, other than to make chorizo hash. So potatoes cubed and left to soak, before cooking at midday and then left to dry and cool.

The vegetables were prepped, and chorizo, before cooking those, then the potatoes so that they were golden and crispy. Served, and enjoyed.

Anchoscelis lunosa And no beer drunk.

I read more int he afternoon, down near the shelter as that's the last place in the garden that gets the late afternoon sun.

By then the day was cooling, so inside and close the door. But still no need for the heating on.

For the evening there was #WildflowerHour and Wales playing my adopted country, Denmark. 0-0 at half time, at which point I was beyond tired, so went to bed.

No comments: