Monday 6 October 2008

Let Down Again

The first thing is that I found out from my estate agent/realtor that my so called best friend has been sabotaging all efforts to seel my house in Suffolk. The comment from the last people to view it was it'll never sell with James in it. I trusted a large part of our future with James, thinking he would do the right thing by us, after we had let him live there for a pittance rent for 18 months.Seems like I got that wrong; the result is that the last 5 months the house has been on the market we could have lost many potential slaes, and lost something like £15,000 in profit. The market is now dead, and I have had to take the house off the market as there is no point with him there.I had to call him up and rant at hime for stabbing me in the back and costing us so muchtime and money. He had the balls to deny it; but by that point i wasn't listening.So, James and I are now ex-friends again; and he has 26 more days to get the fluck outta Dodge.The house will probablay not sell with the market the way it is; which is causing us to re-think our plans almost daily.

Another so-called good friend has been spreading rumours about my Mother, and that she has been lying to me again. For once it wan't Mother that was not telling porkies, but needless to say this has caused ever more friction between us.So, here I am caught in the middle of two woman who want to be my Mother; one my real Mother and another childless woman. Why me?

No word of a date to go back to sea; so we are enjoying every day to the full; although this is made a harder as first I and now Julie has the flu. Oh well.We have been busy, and last night made quince jelly from the tree in our garden. We added some hops with the quince fruit from the same place and boiled it all down in a big pan. Today we put the mix in jars after adding the setting sugar and testing it was the right temperature.And tonight we had some onion bread, rustic French cheese, and our own Quince jelly for supper along with a cheeky bottle of French red. Man, it was good.Also tonight we made a batch of chilli jam; yes, chilli jam, which we simmered down to sa slush and will store for cold cuts at Christmas. Right now it's firely, but will mellow in a cool dark place.So, the weekend, and nothing much planned. Just the way it should be.

No comments: