Tuesday 25 May 2010

Tuesday 25th May 2010

Tuesday; there’s something about Tuesdays I think. Not quite Monday but certainly not Friday. And, as usual, I am waiting for people to reply to mails, something which I do quite a lot. Pressure comes from my boss about recovering costs, but I can only do that if I get information. My new task is the try to change the company operates in regard to following work instructions, as people seem to want to apply these as and when they see fit, and mistakes happen, and nothing seems to change. So, we’ll see how this tilt at windmills will turn out.

At least summer has gone away and spring returned; the weekend was so hot, with Monday even worse; no air and so, so hot. And having to be at work. I drove home last night with the windows wide open, with the warm dusty air flowing through. It really did feel like the first day of summer. That is until the weather changed in the evening and the fog drifted in, and then it cooled down.

The day did begin with me chasing a stunned mouse through the living room after both cats had had their fun with it; I like to think that it will survive, but I'm not sure. I rescued it from the paws of Little Girl and put it in the hedge out the front of the house. Soon there will be a pile of mice corpses there, as that is where I put all mice I rescue.

I am tempted to head off home early due to a lack of work; my boss, as I said, is expecting me to magic some money from our suppliers and contractors for mistakes, but without knowing the actual costs I can’t do that at all. So, I review other cases, check information to see if I forgot something. Not really earth shattering stuff is it?

The computer system did crash this morning, and I went into Ramsgate to do a couple of chores, and mix with the ‘real’ people, always a fun experience; at least there wasn’t the shouting, swearing chavs of last time, but there is a right mix and no mistake. There are lots of old military types, as this weekend is the 70th anniversary of the Dunkirk evacuation; Operation Dynamo, and another flotilla of little ships will depart Ramsgate on Thursday morning. I think that calls for an early start with my cameras.

Anyway, back to work………

No comments: