Thursday 4 April 2013

Thursday April 4th 2013

And that is another week nearly in the can! Although, to be fair, it has only been a four day week, this week, and we're into the third day of that four day week. Meaning tomorrow is Friday! It does seem sometimes that we end up wishing our days away: Monday I wish it were Tuesday, Tuesday wish it was Wednesday. And so on. But on Sundays, I never wish it was Monday.

Never.

Work is the same as ever. I wake up, drop Jools off and drive to Ramsgate and try to deal with the growing chaos that is our latest project. There has been a growing feeling that we are losing control, or the impression of being in control. Now, I just don't know if we ever were in control. Now that Mohsen is leaving, it might mean I am going to be in Denmark much more than before. Or not. No one has actually told me as such. I have been copied in on mails which suggest that.

so, today we had to drive to Ashford so Jools could have a scan. as it is the first week of April, we drove in a blizzard. Of course. It was a grim morning, as least with the kiddies on holiday the traffic was light enough. we headed to river then down the Alkham Valley in a train of cars trundling on at the speed limit. The Drelingore has now dried up, so the valley bottom is just green again.

And then onto the A20, through the tunnel and onto the motorway. Only problem is the roundabout at J10, and the confusion of which lane we should be in and do all the other drivers see things the same way? Hmmm. We managed to catch every light round it, but it was all civilised as we headed off up the A28 to the hospital in single file. Phew.

Jools had her scan and we were off in under 90 minutes, which was much quicker than I thought. Especially as I forgot my book and had nothing to read other than what was in the waiting room. At least there was a Sunday Torygraph magazine to distract me, otherwise it was wall to wall 'celebrity' rags.

Daffodils at St Gregory & St Martin, Wye

We headed to Wye so I could snap the daffodils in the churchyard. Another blizzard had bown in, so I got out, grabbed the shots and got back in so we could drive to Whitfield and Tesco. We are out of cough mixture, so we may as well do the weekly shop at the same time.

And then back home, time to put the work laptop on and have a meeting and discuss audits. 'Cos that's how I roll.

No comments: