Thursday 27 March 2014

Thursday 27th March 2014

Monday.

A glorious day dawned, and yet I had to head to work in Ramsgate. Although, I have to say it a real pleasure to have this prolonged period of being based in the UK, with no trips planned to Denmark until the end of April. Which does give me the chance to use the crosstrainer on a regular basis. And I have, and has Jools. So, each time I try to do a little more, or up the resistance to make me work that little bit harder. On top of that we are doing more and more walking on top of that, and are also planning more work in the garden.

So I drive through Deal and onto Sandwich, re-joining my old route across the Stour and onto Ramsgate. Heading out of the tunnel, I am greeted with the sun above the Channel, but then back to the mundane and into the office dealing with the usual stuff in malfunctioning IT.

Tuesday.

And now for the odd feeling: working from home whilst Jools is there too. She tries to make herself scarce as I make calls and write mails, and is also witness to some of the fallow periods when I wait for reaction to some mails I have written. Is it always like this, she asks.

She takes the bus into town, leaving the car sitting on the drive as I work away. So then it is just me and them cats. As normal.

Once it is clear my colleagues have gone home in Denmark, I power down the laptop and get ready for a session on the cross trainer again. Ho ha! It is getting easier with each session, and even after a good half hour, I am only just beginning to break sweat. Although it can be hard to start, once completed the feeling of accomplishment is great.

After a snack for dinner, I take to the sofa to listen to the football on the radio and Citeh put three past Utd in the manc derby. That this was not a surprise at all, is perhaps the most remarkable thing.

Wednesday.

I woke up Wednesday with a sneezing fit. I take another allergy pill, and get on with the day. Working from home once again, and dealing with the usual stuff. At lunchtime we head out to sort some stuff out at the bank and to have lunch out. We dine at La Salle Vert, and it was pretty poor for panninis. It seemed part-baked baguette filled with the minimum of cheese, then toasted. But then we did not have to wash up!

I head back home and into another sneezing fit. I take the third pill in 18 hours, and then the congestion began. Oh, it was horrible. Then came the headache, and so I take to the bed and close the curtains. It is just yuk. I can just breathe through my mouth.

I have to get up to collect Jools after she missed a bis from the factory after yet another training session in the art of looking for a job. I warm up the left-over roast beef, steam some veggies so we can have another roast. I open a bottle of wine, and I am not shy with it, I guess I make three quarters of it vanish. I have a shower and take to the bed again, just wanting the attack to end. I must have dropped off sometime before the end of the game on the radio.

I wake up at two with the lights off in the bedroom, and my nose and sinuses clear once again as though there was never anything wrong. BAH!

I wish I could tell you about the implementation of the new IT systems and the preparation for the impending merger with MHI. But, I feel that would be wrong of me. However we do know what the new company is to be called and our logo which will adorn all our e-mails, business cards and the suchlike.

Just so you know: the goat is out and running.

No comments: