Saturday 1 November 2014

Saturday 1st November 2014

Lets play catch-up.

Thursday.

Jools had two days off before she starts her new job on Monday, and she wanted to try out the public transport to Hythe. I drop her off at Martin Mill when it was still dark, and then head back home for breakfast and getting ready for work; locating the work phone, the pass to get in the compound, etc.

I drive myself to work, at least the car knows the way to go. It is just getting light as I make my way to Ramsgate, only to find the tunnel still closed due to the sewer collapse near the beach, so I have to make my way round the harbour to the office.

It is the modern way that we dread the first day back after any time off due the the backlog of mails in our inboxes. Indeed, I had over 50, all apparently urgent, so like everyone, I answer the easy ones first, and so by lunchtime I was back in control, or at least at a point where I believed I was in control.

The day carries on in much the same way until I have had enough, I mean really had enough and turn the computer off and go home. It was still light, the clouds had parted and the sun was casting golden light on Thanet. Once home I dust off the cross trainer again and do a session, and feel much better about myself. Listening to good music helps with the huffing and puffing of course.

It was getting dark as I begun my workout, and was totally dark by the time I finished. It is going to be the end of March before we can think about doing anything outside after work. Oh well.

We watch Autumnwatch on TV in the evening, something undemanding.

Friday.

All Hallows Eve.

Halloween.

Before sunrise

Jools is to walk to Deal in the morning, and I am to work from home due to the high winds blowing. Well, not strong, but there would be a good chance the monkeys would be in the office. So, I power the laptop up and get cracking, and straight away, major fire to put out. And so it continues. Bloody Fridays, its supposed to be the final bit of the slope before the weekend, not this pain in the arse thing that stresses us out!

Meetings, meetings and more meetings. Troubles are solved or passed onto someone else.

Rum and coke

The final part of the day is the final preparations for next week, briefing people so they know what is expected. And then it is the weekend.

Yay.

Vampire Mum

I have a touch of sciatica coming back, and it is bad enough to tell me to stay off the cross trainer at least for that night anyway. It is Jools' brother's 50th birthday this weekend, and we are invited to the combined birthday-cum-Halloween party/bbq thing. We drive to Whitfield, and then up to his house where the smoke is already hanging over the garden meaning the food should soon be ready. We are not in costume, but many are. It has been a glorious golden day, with temperatures up to 24 degrees in the north of the country, this means it was the warmest Halloween on record, and almost warm enough to sit in the back garden sans coat. Almost.

Catching up

We stay for over an hour, eat a burger, a banger in a bun and drink a beer. My back is bad, and I just want to have a shower and chill out on the sofa, so we go home.

I end up following the Norwich v Bolton game on Twitter: it has been switched due to being screened on Sky, but football on a Friday night just don't feel right. Saying that, it changes our luck as we take a 2-0 lead early in the 2nd half, but then manage to concede in the dying moments to make it 'interesting.' We wond 2-1, had we won 3-0 we would have gone top, as it was we finish the day third.

No comments: