Thursday 22 October 2015

Thursday 21st October 2015

Wednesday

Back to the Future (2) Day

Jaws 19 released

The above two items are mentioned because, and you may have missed this as social media made almost nothing of it, but this day was when Marty McFly arrived in the future in the second of the Back to the Future films. We don't have hoverboards and rehydration of pizzas, but we do have spaceships that have passed outside the solar system, the internet, mobile phones and all the other stuff. No self-tying shoes, but I guess with the i watch thing seems we have wearable tech!

Jaws 19 was featured in the film as also opening on the 21st. Oddly, they stopped after the 4th one.

But, yesterday will remembered by me is that I had a full scale, DEFCON 1, allergy attack. No real reason for it, and there was no stopping it either. I think it might have been triggered by me using spay on deodoernat the night before, but if that was the case I should have had the attack then, no? I did not sleep well, and as soon as I was awake at 5, my sinuses became blocked and the sneezing started. I took drugs, even the strong ones. Took a shower to try and wash the deodorant off, if it was that that caused it. Nothing worked. Only plus point was that it wasn't the very worst of the attacks, just able to breathe through my nose, so able to breathe and eat, which is nice.

Concentration was a real issue for the day, so I kept monitoring my mails and mobile phone just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I lay on the sofa, which just seemed to make things worse. But oddly enough, walking up the stairs seemed to clear my tubes: I don't make the rules, just report them. I even went for a walk in the rain, along the street, op Station Road along the next road up, back down the footpath and home. Clear tubes for 5 minutes, then just as bad as before. Oh well. Back to the sofa!

The day crept towards evening, I gave up on everything except the next breath. And I have to cook dinner: pork burgers and home made chips it was. And a beer. Standing up and cooking was better, how bloody odd.

I spent the evening on the sofa, where I could just about breath. Once the games were over on the radio, I went to bed, hoping sleep would take me. Take me away to a place could breathe. Here's hoping.

No comments: