Monday 14 December 2015

Monday 14th December 2015

Sunday

And another quiet day ahead, with a lot of rain forecast, and me not in the mood to do anything much. So I don't. We are awake at quarter to seven this time, so after feeding the cats and making coffee, I sit down to catch up on the previous day's football, pausing halfway to make bacon butties and more drinks. A perfect way to start the day.

But then we settle into the old routine, of doing stuff on the computer, beading, drinking coffee or tea and listening to the radio. In the way the morning slips away. I have half a mond on yet more travel on Monday, and in doing so the time slips through my fingers even quicker.

In the afternoon, Jools goes to visit Nan and the old folks, I stay behind to listen to the football on the radio and prepare dinner. It is the usual stuff, but I know that this will be the last Sunday like this this year, and next weekend I will have just one more working day in the year. We have steak and ale pie for dinner, with steamed veg and a home made cheese sauce. It is good stuff, but we are full. We watch a documentary on the history of Spain, then Antiques Roadshow and y then it is nine in the evening, some loose ends to tie up, and bed time. Where did the weekend go? Where did the month go? Where did the year go?

I did get thinking about some of my online friends, and some of those are now over a decade long, and I through their words and pictures I have seen children grow into adults and now make plans for their future. A truly remarkable thing that the internet has brought me. And that my cycling friend in NZ had an accident, although he is getting better now. It is real, as real as my friends and colleagues.

In half an hour or so, I set off for Hamburg. So, I will see you later in the week.

No comments: