Monday 6 October 2008

Monday again

I know I shouldn't complain. Here I am fust finishing my 6th week of shore leave, and sat in front of the computer looking through pictures took over the weekend.It's grey and cold outside, but I'm inside just out of the shower with a smattering of cats to keep me company. Sadly, Julie has gone back to work, but there are chores to do, and things to listen to on the radio.Seems like theres another financial meltdown under way in London, Iceland is broke; its true apparently, the Steeler won last night. Yay. Too late for me though to watch it.But, my thoughts are on the phone that does not ring. I have not heard from the office since I got off the last boat six weeks ago. even my letter about them screwing up Septembers pay went unanswered. No news of when I am going to sea again. And as usual it will be a last minute thing, and quite frankly, I think thats unfare on Julie.I sent an e mail into my manager telling him that I am happy enough with my wages, though would not turn down more but I am fed up not being able to plan ahead.Unbeknown to him I have applied for another job in the same industry, and am waiting for an interview and the pay offer. It might not happen, or it might. But it sure is interesting being able to offer myself to the highest bidder.It is probable that we will have to move into my house in the Spring when Julie sells this place to her Dad. She will have to give up her job and look for something in the wilds of Suffolk or Norfolk. But at least we have choices I guess.No word from my ex-friend James who as you may have read is a git and no longer a friend or anyone I really want to speak to. It happens, and I guess we will get over it.

Turns out that Mum did not lie, and travelled back home on her own, and Pat was just either mistaken or stirring the facts. Not quite sure about this one to be honest. The fact is that I was able to believe the worst in Mother says volumes about our relationship; but I have made up with her, and I hope deflected the questions about who would want to wreck what is left of our relationship.

We had some storms over the weekend, and after seeing the flat sea on Friday night from the cliffs; much better on Saturday as we sat in the car on the edgeof the white cliffs by the Dover Patrol as the winds tried to knock our little Polo off its wheels as we watched the ferries to France come and go from the harbour below, read The Times and listen to the football on Radio 5.

Once back here at dusk we cooked some lamb steaks left over from the pre-wedding bbq; slow cooked in the oven with an onion, half a bottle of red wine and some redcurrents, served with roasted corn and mash; it was a triumph, even if I say so myself.

yesterday, on a wet and windy day we took my Flickr buddy Bob out; and we ended up in Tenderton on the Kent and East Sussex Light Railway; where we had a roast lunch before sitting behind a Great Western 0-6-0 tank in 30s carriages and watched the countryside roll slowly by in the rain until we came to Bodiham and its wonderful castle.

Back agin to Dover through the gathering gloom of a stormy autumnal evening to his for coffee, and marvel at his view of Dover castle high above the town, and lit up wonderfully apparently just for us.

No comments: