Tuesday 30 March 2010

Wednesday 30th March 2010

I am, by nature, an optimistic person, but these past few weeks that stretch into ten weeks are trying my positive energy. However, maybe, just maybe, my luck is about to change. I am not counting my chickens as yet, but there are words of encouragement to spur me on.

Many of the job sites I look on have mostly senior posts on offer, and those are out of my range for sure. But, occasionally, there is the odd nugget. One, was an engineering admin at the wind farm site I worked at a couple of months ago, and I applied; but I also had to name my wages. Which is never easy. I mean do you pitch yourself too low to be a serious contender, or too high not to be considered? Well, the agency called and told me I was too expensive, which is not a rejection as such, and so I told them I was willing to negotiate, and so am waiting to hear about that.

And the formal background checks have been completed which means that in all probability I will be working at the cruise terminal in a month gearing up for the season.

Spring is in full retreat as a blast of winter strikes the country from the west; at least here it is just wind and rain, in Northern Ireland, Northern England and Scotland heavy snow is forecast tonight, with drifting. Just as it felt that we had left all the white stuff behind!

Anyway, our garden is waking up; the wild flower seeds I planted on Sulu's grave are showing through, and in a few weeks should be gently swaying in a summer's breeze. Jools'Dad has our seedlings in his greenhouse, and soon we will take them back and our tomatoes and spicy chilli plants will be growing away too. We have many flowers and shrubs either planted or on order too.

If I would have had a job, we would have been going to the Czech Republic for our friend's wedding next weekend. That can't happen now, and the speed at which that event has crept up is quite shocking. Oh well, Matt and Dadi, sorry about that; you know we'd be there if we could.

Anyway, news as I get it I will add to here.

No comments: