Thursday 25 November 2010

Thursday 25th November 2010

And so we woke on Sunday feeling slightly drained after the walking around Canterbury done the day previously. We lay in bed until the mewing and scratching of the kittens forced us out of bed. And I sat on the sofa and watched the re-run of Match of the Day, filled as it was by surprise results and red cards.
At half ten we headed out to look at some bathrooms. This time in Wickes, rather than a bespoke bathroom emporium. Needless to say, prices were more to our liking, and we decided on something that looked ok. All we have to do now is to see how our respective jobs pan out until Christmas, and then we shall arrange a bloke to fit the stuff. Both our jobs are on the line, but Jools should know by the beginning of December, and I might know by Christmas.

Or not.

So, after looking round nice bathrooms and kitchens, we headed home for lunch and once the rain began to fall, I sat on the sofa for an afternoons football on TV, and kittens asleep on my lap.

And so Monday rolled round again, and instead of packing for a trip to the frozen wastes of Denmark , I was driving once more to Ramsgate for a normal week at work. Things do change, of course. And so apart from the occasional bump, the week has been fine, just a little quiet at times, but gives me a chance to bury my head in procedures; at some point I am hoping its all going to make sense!

So, two more days at work, and then a 5 day weekend, and we head out on our holidays for a couple of nights in Manchester and then Blackpool .

No comments: