Monday 3 January 2011

Monday 3rd January 2010

Bank holiday.

Again.

But this is the last one until Easter. I think.

Claction Pier 1975

As the days have gone by since New Year, at least my knee has gotten a bit better each day, which means, sigh, back to work in the morning, with a jam-packed mail box to sort through, and meetings when I'm not doing that.

The Tequila Monster

Still it's just four days until the weekend again....

On our last visit to Tesco, we bought a scanner, and so I have been copying some old photographs. It's far easier than scanning slides as the resolution is not so high. anyway, I have gone back to my schooldays and many points between then and now. Needless to say, it is shocking to see how you I and my friends were, and that in some cases over 31 years has passed since the shot was taken.

AC Jelltex

Other than that, our days have been full of sport. Or rather my days have been; games almost every day, and evening, and yesterday the final weekend of the NFL regular season. And it goes on today as at three there is a full program of Football League games; the forth such day since December 26th. And Norwich are going for a fourth win. Fingers crossed on that.

We did head out yesterday, to Sandwich for a walk somewhere flat so I would not stress my knee. The shops were mostly closed. But we did find a cake shop open, and so it seemed rude to pass by; and so we went in and I had a triple layer Victoria Sponge and a pot of tea. Very good it was too. Time enough to call in at an off licence for some wine and head back home for lunch.

Sandwich

Today, apart from more scanning and listening to football, I used up the last of the mincemeat in making the last batch of mince pies. We had the piping hot out of the oven after we had cheese and beans on toast; a proper lunch!

No comments: