Monday 24 January 2011

Tuesday 24th January 2011

And so, Monday.

After dropping Jools off at work, I get some stuff we had forgotten from Tesco, I came back did the interwebby stuff and then waited for Sami to get up.

And at a nicely late half ten we set off for Canterbury.

Its only 15 miles along the A2 to Canterbury, and at mid-morning the rush hour has long since finished and so we had no trouble getting into the city centre and finding a parking space too!

Top (shop) Sox

Sami wanted to head to Top Shop for some clothes shopping, and so I made do with some people watching outside. Once Sami had bought some stuff, we headed down the main street, looking at the historic buildings and on occasion, snapping them. Outside a Turkish barbers, I spy that there is no one in the chairs, and so take the opportunity to have my barnet mangled, asking Sami to be back in about 20 minutes.

20 minutes later, hair cut, I wait outside the shop.

Wait some more.

And some more.

No Sami.

I post on Facebook that I have lost her, hoping that she might be looking at FB on her phone. Ten minutes later, she arrives, coffee in hand.

Panic over.

All afternoon my phone chirps away with sightings all over the world of Sami.

we wander round the city some more, although not stumping up the £10 to visit the cathedral. We (I) were (was) thirsty, and so we head to a pub on the main street called the Cricketers for ale and crisps.

The Cricketers, Canterbury

And after a wander round the few remaining shops in the city centre we head back to the car and then for home. On the way we call in at the village of Elham, as its pretty enough. We wander down a lane to be confronted by some sheep. Do sheep get bored with grass we wonder? Probably not.

And as the drizzle began, we headed home for coffee and so I could watch the Steelers game which I recorded from the early hours of Monday morning. And they win!!

And to round off the day we watch Chelski beat Bolton 4-0. Not a bad day, not a bad day at all!

No comments: