Thursday 29 September 2011

Thursday 29th September 2011

For those of you counting, this is my 498th blog on here. In just over three years. It's been quite a ride, and one thing for sure, I don't winge like I used to when I worked for Gardline, that's because there's less Mould in my life these days. That is a play on words, as our incompetent boss there was Kevin Mould, and he was a man with a long string of broken promises and poor man-management skills.

The uninvited extra person sitting in on the teleconference

anyway that is all in the past, and now I fly a desk not sail the seven seas looking for oil. I'm not bitter, not really; I do think about the money I could have earned, but value my sanity and happiness more than dollars and pence. It hurt when they did not take me back, but we got over it and I am enjoying life far more than I did back then.

The view from my office window.

So, last week in September; it has an 'r' in it which means we could have anything from sunny days to snow; and what we have is summer. So, even though it's been very warm all week, as the weekend nears temperatures are heading towards 30 degrees. Every morning, the sun rises through the fog and casts a wonderful orange light over the land. I wish I could stop and take shots, it has been magical. And by ten the fog clears and we have cloudless days with no breeze; it's hotter than July! That it is going to last into the weekend is the most surprising thing.

The view from my desk.

To add to the excitement, the new road into Ramsgate opened this morning, with the result all traffic entering the town from now has to use the same road, with the result of gridlock. Thankfully, most of the traffic is heading in the opposite direction to me, but the queues this afternoon added ten minutes onto my commute. I think its going to get worse, but we shall see. That this highly expensive road adds several miles and minutes to the trip seems to be a step backwards, but it must make sense to someone.

Time to go home

So, back home for the evening; Jools had a beading class and so I was home alone. Once the sun set and darkness began to fall, I take myself outside with several drams to sit in the garden to look at the stars come out. Even though we live in the south-east, it is possible to see the milky way with the naked eye, and with many jetliners crossing to Europe above Kent, it was a wonderful thing to see their lights go across the starry background.
And behind me, an unknown cat chased, caught, ate and then brought up said mouse. Oh, there's never a dull moment around our house.

No comments: