Wednesday 5 October 2011

500th blog. Wednesday 5th October 2011

In September 2008, my life, our life was about to change.

Up to that point I had blogged on either myspace or matchdoctor.com. I began to enjoy writing, but was frustrated with the lack of flexibility that those platforms offered. I am a photographer of sorts, and I wanted to illustrate my words with photographs I had taken, and so I decided to stop writing on myspace, and in time on matchdoctor too, and only write on Blogspot, which offered a simple to use interface and the ability to imbed photographs and videos, something that is doubly easy with Flickr providing easy to use links making embedding simple as a copy and paste.

So, in Spetember, Jools and I got married, went on honeymoon; I then went back to sea, had time off, sold my house, got headhunted, handed in my notice with Gardline, spent Christmas in the Shetlands, left Gardline, bought our new house, moved in, joined UTEC, went to Kazakhstan, came home, went to Paris on holiday, UTEC went into administration, next day lost my job, spent three months on t’dole, joined the place where Jools works on minimum wage, got laid off the day after Christmas, three more months on t’dole, saw an ad for my current job, got made permanent. And here we are, today.

I don’t usualy like to be so retrospective, but this is my 500th blog on here, and it details quite some changes, some up and down, highs and lows, but hopefully it is still in an upward direction, and we hope that we are heading towards a bright and glorious future.

So, here’s to the last 499 blogs, and to the next 500.

Cheers.

No comments: