Friday 16 December 2011

Friday 16th December 2011

Whatever was going to happen this week was going to be overshadowed by Helle’s passing. We had a meeting over the communicator on Monday morning, and were told there was support if we needed it. The funeral was today, but my boss and I decided not to go. There are many reasons, I guess for us it was the fact that the service would have been in Danish. There are other reasons, but I’ll leave it at that. That we decided not to go does not mean we miss her less of course. Seeing the announcement on our intranet made it seem all the more real; the reporter who wrote the announcement, asked to use a shot I had taken during our visit last month. Of course, I said yes, and there it is whenever I log on to the intranet site.

Monday night and into Tuesday we had a heck of a storm. Although it was very windy and wet, but thought no more of it until Tuesday night when one of our neighbours brought our shed roof back. Oh dear. And as more wind and rain was forecast for Thursday, I had to put the bloomin’ thing back during Wednesday, when I was at working from home as our car was in the garage getting serviced. So, with the roof back on, I thought it better to have it strapped down, and so we headed to B&Q for strapping, which I attached to the walls of the shed, hopefully securing the roof. It’s all exciting stuff down here you know……

Full Moon

I ended up working from home on Thursday too, due to the volume level of the technicians in the office making conversations over the phone impossible. The only drawback to working at home is the cats. I am captive, and they do like to let me know how hungry or how much they would like their belly rubbed. So I have to comply, unless I am actually on the phone when I have to ignore them. And how pathetic do their meows become, especially Mulder’s. But mostly, they get what they want.

And so the weekend has arrived. And tomorrow we are heading to deepest, darkest Suffolk to visit my Mother; take a deep breath. She has a box of stuff from her attic which seems to be football programs. So, we shall transfer said box from her attic to ours. It’s the modern way. We are thinking of buying some Christmas cards as the festive season is almost upon us.

No comments: