Monday 10 December 2012

Monday 10th December 2012

So there we have it: I am allergic.

Allergic to what is what we just have to work out. I have been feeling pretty good for the past couple of weeks: I got up yesterday morning feeling fine and then began sneezing. And did not stop for most of the day. Then it joined with a severe blocked nose and sinuses. I felt like crap. The followed a dreadful night's sleep. So I planned to spend the day in bed catching up with sleep.

And then at about eight o'clock, my nose cleared and whatever it was was gone. It has to be an allergy. So, I try to make an appointment with the nurse so I could talk it over with her as the doctor really does not give a toss.

I have an urgent appointment on the 4th of January.

Let's hope I don't get another bout or two in the meantime.

So, that put a downer on the whole weekend thing, really. Or the second half of it anyway.

Saturday was an altogether much better day which began with coffee and croissants and was then followed by more bird and squirrel watching down by the castle. No, I forgot the whole haircutting thing. I went to have my hair cut and to drop off some beer in the salon which means I will be getting free haircuts for a few months now.

Nom nom nom

We then headed into town as the weather was overcast and I thought that if we did something for an hour the clouds might clear. So we went to Chaplin's for a second breakfast and to people watch. We both had a small breakfast, just to tide us over until lunch, and then headed up to the castle for the bird and squirrel watching.

Robin

Sadly, we did not see anything new; I was hoping for long-tailed tits, but no luck. But we did see squirrels, jays, magpies and various tits and finches. It was still very good, and as hoped the sun came out to really make the scene so colourful.

Chillenden Mill

We drove into the country to Chillenden to see the post windmill. We have been there before, but it looks splendid with the bright blue sky as a backdrop. Once I had snapped it to death, we headed off on a church hunt, and so we drove on through Snowdon and onto Woolage Green. We drove through the village twice before I spotted the tiny chapel that has long since been converted to a holiday home.

GWUK #556 Chapel Cottage, Woolage Green, Kent

We went into the village pub which was opposite, because it was there, and had a fine pint and played with their collie dog throwing its toy over the pool table. It made the dog happy, which was nice.

Two Sawyers, Woolage Green

We drove back through Snowdon again, so I stopped to snap the old colliery, as it about the only buildings of the Kentish coalfield that is left. And then we headed back home in time to hear the commentary of the afternoon's football.

And imagine my delight as Norwich took a 3 goal lead before halftime at Swansea, before the roller-coaster second half saw The Swans score three goals too, but City got another on, so ran out 4-3 winners. Phew. 22 points from 16 games. Not bad. not bad.

That night we watched The Dark Knight Rises on TV, which was rather good, although we did struggle to remember what happened in the first two films. We shall have to go back and watch them all, I suppose....

No comments: