Sunday 5 December 2021

Saturday 4th December 2021

St Barbara's Day.

And the weekend.

And the sages at the BBC tells us that it was going to be wet.

I look outside and I can tell you he was right. It was lashing down.

Sigh.

Not that we had that much planned, a walk in Canterbury had been mooted, but my heart wasn't in it. As Jools had some presents to buy, she said she would go. I said I would stay and vacuum the lounge and do other stuff.

Three hundred and thirty eight We do have to go to Tesco, of course. And with redemption of vouchers is only fourty quid.

I felt justified as when Jools left it was still dark enough to have the table lamp on.

I did hoover the carpet, and up the stairs, the put that away and was about to change the oil on the fryer, when the clouds split and the sun shone through.

Nothing quite like the light after a storm, so clear and bright. Too late to go to Canterbury now, Jools was already there.

Sunshine on a rainy day So, after finishing the fryer I gointo the garden to rake up leaves and bag them up, so they don't rot into the soil thus increasing fertility.

I work for twenty minutes, both Mulder and Scully come to supervise.

Indoors, Cleo was still a little phased by the trip to the vet, and stayed out of our way, but did come down about ten to eat a whole pouch of food on her own. She even let be stroke her ear, so not all bad. Mostly bad, yes. All bad, no.

Jools comes back, so we have cake, and then came football, lots of football. Football League on TV, then Liverpool on the radio before watchig yet another game at half five. And stress free as Norwich are not playing until Sunday, so I could enjoy the radio and videoprinter that relayed the latest scores from the Leagues and 2nd round of the FA Cup.

I warm up the chicken and potatoes, which I serve again with rice and vegetables, and is every bit as good as on Friday, although the potatoes were still hard as bullets, so we might skip those next time.

The radio plays in the background as I watch yet another footy game. This time, a German one: Der Klassik between Dortmun and Bayern, which was a wonderful match, won 3-2 by Bayern thanks to some "questionable" refereeing. I drink three glasses of wine, and much on pretzels and cheese footballs.

A good evening, all round.

And then it was time for bed.

Phew.

No comments: