Friday 28 January 2022

Thursday 27th January 2022

Pay Day.

And something like day 8 of the great document review, something which I hope I will have done by the end of Friday.

I hope.

And my eyes hope, as staring at the screen for days on end has begun to play havoc with my migraine, with several attacks only stopped by either closing my eyes for ten minutes or so, or staring out the windows of the utility room at the birds.

Twenty seven So, anyway.

Thursday dawned with a bright crecsent moon and bright Venus to the south. I could have looked at them until sunrise, but as ever there is the working day to prepare for.

Jools is up and about, a blur of energy, while I groan when I lift my coffee cup to my mouth. Or nearly. I did say I was cutting down on coffee, Thursday was a three cup morning just to get the ideas pumping, and just as well as I had four hours of meetings to start the day.

A late afternoon walk in the mud Oh happy day.

And on with the show.

Our monthly department meeting which seemed to offer "more of the same". Again. I had been hoping for clarity, that that's my inner optimist.

A late afternoon walk in the mud And once the third meeting ended, I have lunch of cream crackers with just butter, finish the rest of the packet, so don't have the leftover cauliflower cheese.

I go back to the reviewing, and am having the occasional moments of clarity, but I see a pattern of chaos emerging. I wll write the report on Friday.

A late afternoon walk in the mud That's the plan.

It was half two, yet another migraine was building, so I put an out of office message on and take myself off for a walk.

Because it has been so dry, I thought I would try the top lane to Windy Ridge, that despite being on top of the down, is always so muddy.

A late afternoon walk in the mud Decided to walk along the top track to Windy Ridge yesterday.

This is usually very muddy, but with the lack of rain I hoped it wouldn't be too muddy.

A late afternoon walk in the mud Depending on your definition of muddy, it either was or wasn't.

Not too bad mostly, but muddy or partially dried mud in some areas.

A good stomp, nothing much of interest seen, so have this reflecting pool as shot of the day. Once I reached the wood, I headed back down the hill towards Collingwood, and then back home for a deserved brew before preparing dinner. A late afternoon walk in the mud I quickly made a sourdough loaf, put it in the oven to rise. With the leftover bacon and freerange egss from the house down the street, I was going to make carbonara. Much to my surprise, as the bread was still baking, Jools returned from work at twenty past five, half an hour earlier than expected as she left early to walk to the car, as that couldn't be done over lunch as she worked through. So, I put the pasta on to boil, crack the eggs and separate the yolks, all ready to bring it together. I even had some red wine to go with it, on a school night. It went down well, proper lush. Washed down with a glass and a half of red. No football to watch, so we listen to the radio until nine and head to bed. Pooped once again.

No comments: