Saturday 10 February 2024

Friday 9th February 2024

I really like these one day weeks.

Back at work just for Friday, and after a grey and damp start, the sun did shine mid-morning, so between meetings I went to check on the garden.

Out front there are three out of four daffodils in flower, and out back 11 (eleven) winter aconites, and from somewhere a single snowdrop has appeared.

And back to work, of course.

Jools let me sleep when she got up to go to yoga, so it came as a surprise to wake at quarter to seven, only 15 minutes before the start of the department meeting, I was to find out.

Forty Straight after was our Global organisation's monthly meeting, where, as usual, we were told how great things were. And there were presentations and bar charts to prove it.

Eranthis cilicica There was yet another meeting at 11, and between i had breakfast, lunch, put the bins out and the usual stuff.

The sin did come out for a while, so I went to check on the garden and take some shots.

There were last minutes things to arrange for next week's trip to the Isle of Wight, that done I could finish for the day. And having just packed up is how Jools found me, staring out of the living room window.

One good point is that we are to get a bonus this year, amounting to more than a month's extra pay, although the taxman will take a large share.

Jools had worked through lunch, so I cooked dinner early, eating at five, Carbonara and the leftover bread along with wine.

And so we were at the weekend again, and with the travel and extended hours of darkness, we were tired, but I stayed up to watch Sheffield Wednesday v Birmingham, a battle at the bottom of the Championship, and short on skill. Though the Owls did win 2-0, and deserved to.

No comments: