Wednesday 11 April 2012

Wednesday 11th April 2012

And so to Bank Holiday Monday. Like all other Mondays except with more rain.

On occasion, we have Bank Holidays without rain, but it seems to be traditional that we spend each Bank Holiday either inside the house watching the rain run down the windows, or sitting in a car on some godforsaken promenade car park watching the rain sweep in and the brave rushing by with inside out umbrellas or newspapers pressed to their heads in a vain attempt to keep one part of their body dry.

Well, Easter Monday began grey, with no rain. It looked like it was going to rain at any moment, so we sat inside and waited for the rain to fall. In hindsight we should just have put on our walking boots and gone out. But, we didn’t. And just before lunch the rain began to fall, and did not stop until well after darkness had fallen.

After watching yet more football thanks to a recording of MOTD, and another session on the cross trainer, I cooked steak and ale pie, along with all the usual vegetable trimmings for lunch.

Tulips

As the rain hammered down outside, Jools sat down to watch more episodes of ‘Enterprise’ and I went upstairs to read more of the Andy Kersham autobiography and to listen to the football on the radio. In an unexpected turn of events, Norwich took the lead at White Hart Lane, only to be pegged back soon after half time. And as I tried to keep my eyes open, news of another goal at The Lane; I groaned, only to hear the commentator say Norwich had deservedly taken the lead again.

‘Yes!’ I shout at no one in particular.

And then a half hour wait to see if we could hang on. I say hang on, seems like City push for a third instead, and so keep Spurs on the back foot, and so City hang on for another three points and now sit at tenth on 43 premier league points. Still not certain of staying up, but so close you can smell it.

Smells like spring

We have cheese and crackers for dinner, which I washed down with some nice German beer; seemed the right thing to do to be honest.

And so, Tuesday came round, as did I, and outside the sun shone down from an almost completely blue sky. Typical! And so it was time to head to work and battle the evil that is my new work laptop.

One good thing that did happen yesterday was that I reached the final notch in my belt, which means I am losing weight; slowly, but it is coming off, which does make all those sessions on the cross trainer worth it. To make it even better, it seems my cold/flu is almost gone, and I can breathe now without blowing bubbles through my nose, which is pleasant for everyone in the house and at work.

Twins

And after picking Jools up from work, and feeding the cats, we head out for a short evening walk. The wind is still cool and keen, but the sun did shine, and out of the wind the day is almost warm. But, bands of rain clouds are expected to sweep across the country for the rest of the week. But that doesn’t matter so much as rain at the weekend, which is hardly ever a good thing…….

No comments: