Sunday 16 June 2013

Sunday 16th June 2013

And so a new day brings news....

Mum is a little better, but still taking in pure oxygen through a full facemask. She can talk, eat and drink and is able to ask questions now. It seems the worst is over and the panic can now stop. However, as I said yesterday, whether this is a permanent state of affairs or can be reversed or if she can live on her own from now on is, as yet, unclear.

I am off to deepest Surrey this evening on a course, and so will be offline until Friday evening pretty much. But i am sure the interweb can cope. I am on a course for work, hopefully it can give me new skills with which I can dazzle at work. It's train from Dover to Tonbridge and then cross the south east to Surrey and the country hotel in which I am locked up for the week. Wish me well.

Golden Arrow Statesman

Saturday.

Up with the larks at a quarter to eight: I must have needed the extra zeds. And out to get my barnet mangled with the added dose of sarcasm that comes with the Cherrytree crew. That done we head home for breakfast, then out to Tesco for the weekly shop, before it is time for lunch and then heading out to chase more steam trains. The same train.

Tangmere.

For a change I decide to head to Pluckley, where there is a huge long straight on which to watch it's approach. Only, after waiting nearly half an hour, as Tangmere approached, a stopping train stopped between me and my target, and even climbing onto the bridge did not get me a clear view and she sped past, coasting into Ashford.

Golden Arrow Statesman

I console myself by heading to Smarden to the Chequers where we have a deserved drink before I head into the church which was open this time.

We drive back home, I drop Jools off then head to martin Mill to see Tangmere again. And I wait and wait. And as promised the wind gets up, and despite being flaming June I am cold. After it is half an hour late, I give up and head home for a warming brew. I hear she was an hour late, but there is always another chance, and for us that is just next Saturday. In fact she is coming on Tuesday, but I'll be in a different county.

Golden Arrow Statesman

Sunday.

After breakfast, we head to Lydden so Jools can see and photograph the Man Orchids, before we drive to Sandwich to look for some unusual hybrids I had been tipped off about. We park up at Pegwell Bay and set off, and soon enough I sly a whole field of Marsh Orchids, of different hues and patterns.

Peacock Butterfly We get down on our hands and knees and sanp lots of them, before moving on to where i had been toldmost of the orchids were. We snap many, many more, and I get my best shot of a Peacock Butterfly and an Orange Tip to really cap the day off.

Orange Tip butterfly

we come home for a lunch of stinky French cheese and either beer or cider, and then for me to prepare for my course and the trip to the hotel.

Until the weekend, my friends.....

No comments: