Thursday 19 December 2013

Thursday 19th December 2013

As we head down the slope towards Christmas at work, thoughts turn maybe to taking it easy. And then all it took was a simple e mail from the project manager mentioning casually that there were more than the one document that needed to be sent to the client before Christmas. And then he went offline.

My head exploded. What had I forgotten to do? What could I have missed? Did I have enough time to produce a document from scratch? Needless to say as it was time to go home this weighed more and more as the evening wore on. I lay in bed staring at the ceiling going over what I needed to have done.

This morning I got a call from him; he realised what he had done and just wanted to not let me panic too much and just go over things.

Phew.

So, with that emergency over with and my heart returning to normal bpm, it was time to put a pot of coffee on and start the day afresh.

And then, the usual stuff, mails, phone calls. Oh, and acting as technical support as the offshore guys get to grips with a digital SLR: it won’t work, what’s wrong with it? Hmmm, I think it could be the human interface, but didn’t say that.

No comments: