Saturday 2 January 2016

Mystic Jelltex returns

I am not very good at predicting the future, as has been proven in years past. However, I will try once again to second guess what fate and fortune has in store for me and the world.

Health

Those of you who read my words regularly will know I have a problem with allergies. Over the course of time, I have come to believe that certain things might be setting off the allergy attacks. These have included; aftershave, spray on deodorant, fabric softener. And this morning (2nd January) it might be my glasses. As I have not worn them for several days, I retrieve them from the dash of the car, and within half an hour I am congested and sneezing. I take drugs and take off the glasses, and it stops. If could be that there is no one thing that sets it off, could be many things, or just all in my mind. What I can say is that the attacks, for the most part, are less in ferocity than in previous years. I have not taken the prescription strength drugs for some months now, and not daily for nearly a year now. And I think there has been just one attack in the past year that had caused me not get sleep and require the next day off work. Long may that continue. Hopefully, as the year progresses, and we can have the windows open again round the house, the attacks will get even fewer.

Travel

I will be traveling again this year. Maybe not as many as the 33 as last year, but in the 20s for sure. Already, trips back to Arhus and Norway planned for the first two weeks of the year. IN the middle of the year, there might be a trip to Japan in the offing, news as we get it.

Current affairs

The world has become and dark and frightening place. I avoid the news for the most part, as the cruelty and hatred on all sides becomes to much to listen to. I see no change in this in the coming year, probably will get worse as the global powers align themselves with various tyrants and despots around the world, as ever, we put our interests above what it right. Our glorious leaders will tell us that to protect our freedoms, our freedoms will have to be further and further restricted. In politics, the remaining election pledges will fail to be honoured, and the war against the poor, the sick, the unemployed will go on with hatred redoubled. Cuts across the board will continue without studies to see their effect as such cuts are dogmatic.

Sport

Money will continue to remove the sporting ethic from sport, where money will mean everything. I don't care whether England loses its 4th Champion League spot, if it does, the scramble for the three remaining places will be more frenetic, causing yet ever increasing wads of cash to be spent in the pursuit. Will an English club make the quarter finals to retain the place? don't care, but it might be fun to watch. I hope Leicester continue to win games, score bagfulls of goals, thus going against all reason, including mine, that spending bags of cash is the only way to win. Van Gaal will be replaced as Man Utd manager in the summer at the latest, and the club will have to spend even more money to correct his mistakes. The rest? is all bread and circuses, who wins, who loses, unless you support those cubs in each match really does not matter. I think Norwich will just survive at the bottom of the league, but Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle will go down. For the new season, Premier League clubs will receive an increase in TV revenues of 70%. This extra money they will piss up against the wall on player transfers and agent fees. Ticket prices will go ever upwards.

As for all other sport here and around the world; so little is on TV now, or free to air TV, that I have little interest in it. But worry ye not, it will go on whether I care about it or not.

No comments: