Saturday 28 May 2016

Thursday 26th May 2016

And still the sun fails to melt these Scandinavian clouds, so we must look at an overcast sky. Well, until the evening.

But today is a day for work, and I am busy right from seven all the way through.

BMW 320D Rune is persuaded that I should drive him to work in BMW, so I switch it to sports and skid of the car park. Its only a five minute drive to the office, but it is fun.

I have arranged a quality workshop. Not sure whether it was a "quality" workshop, but a couple had come down from Arhus to attend, so I had better make it a good one. If not, the fact I arranged food at lunchtime, yummy Danish open sandwiches, all freshly made, made up for the dull day of Powerpoint Presentations. By one, I am done. There is little to be done now, other than to make the file structure, ready for it to be populated with evidence of work.

Of course, I have the job of writing the report from the previous day's audit, so the day fades out. But the last remnants of jetlag, two night's poor sleep had left me tired. At half three I said to Rune, I had to go back to the hotel for a snooze. And once back in the hotel, I put the radio on, laid on the bed and zedded for two hours, waking up just before six, thus being in time for the team dinner I had arranged.

I met Rune in reception, to wait for Brian to collect us in the car so he could take us to Butcher, although it is just a ten minute walk, but hey, a lift, right? It is by the football ground, where as we ate fine steak, the final game of the season was being played, FC Copenahgen winning 4-1 and thus securing the Danish title.

Inside the restaurant, we all ordered 350g steaks and several sides. It was done to perfection, but once again I have eyes bigger than my belly, but again, I don't eat it all.

Phew, I am stuffed, but not so tired. So, Brian drops us off back at the hotel, but too full t have a nightcap, so I bid the guys farewell and retire to my room to call Jools and then to go to bed.

Esbjerg Sunset From my window, I watch the sun set and the lights come on in the port. The radio plays, and my eyes get tired.

Home tomorrow.

No comments: