Thursday 27 July 2017

Wednesday 26th July 2017

After many weeks of copying and pasting, suddenly I could see the end of the journey. Or at least the end of this phase anyway. And if you would have told me i could have done these 23 documents in three weeks, I would have doubted you, but hey. It did mean, that I switched the computer on, light of heart and full of the joys of spring. Or summer.

And as I slept for something like ten hours, at least, I felt refreshed, and thought it probable I would have no migraine issues.

Outside it was breezy and cool, cool enough to need having a work jumper on for sure. And it also came to pass that I recognise that it is very easy to eat at home, eat more than when I am out orchid chasing, so I would try very hard not to snack and be careful what I ate through the day.

And you know, apart from that, come eight I settle down to work, crack on and am soon flying through the documents. I quickly catch up with the Radcliffe and Maconie shows on the i player, instead work in silence as I near my target. As ever, there is meetings to attend, but sparsely attended ones, as DK is still on holiday, maybe even more so than in previous weeks. It does mean a 90 minute meeting is over in 45, I guess next week once people begin to return to work, meetings will drag on, and more mails will appear. Because, since the end of the last project, the usual two dozen mails a day is now down to just one or two, meaning, as planned, I really can crack on with work.

There were times when I thought I would not finish this, but now, maybe by the end of the week. Or sooner, I would be done.

Enough of that, at four there is Time Team to watch; it seems I have seen most of the episodes now, as I had seen them both, but watch the first one, hunting for Bad King John in Sherwood Forest, as I know they find what they are looking for, except KIng John, mind. As ever, Molly joins me, and sits and purrs, waiting for me to get up and feed her.

Two hundred and seven The afternoon draws to an end, and I have another appointment with a chiropractor at half six, enough time for Jools to come home, unpack and I take the car down the hill so I can be prodded and probed and hopefully my shoulder made good again. And as it happens it seems things are getting better, and I don't have to return for a month, just as well as we shall be away in the US of A in two weeks time, so I will have to carry on with the stretching and stuff, and the pain might just go. And that will be forty quid, thank you.

Just about value for money I think. And by the time I come home, Jools is cooking breaded chicken which I had prepared earlier. And in 20 minutes we are sitting down to eat, raising glasses of cheer to our good fortune and all the rest.

And that was your evening, really. By the time we have eaten and cleaned up, it is nearly half eight and bedtime is fast approaching. I have to say these few weeks spent at home have now become the nrom, and I am enjoying them thoroughly. Just for some warm sunshine and low winds, then I could get some shots of the late season orchids.....

No comments: