Saturday 15 May 2010

Friday 14th May 2010

And now begins the long dark afternoon as the second hand slowly, ticks the years down until it is time to yabba dabba do all the way home.

All in all it has been a productive week, every now and again I bang my head against various walls that are put up in front of me, sometimes I know them down, sometimes I don’t. Just looking forward to two days off and not thinking about all this stuff; that I dream about doing my job most nights now is the usual thing for me I guess. Given that I still dream that I am working back in the chicken factory, and I have not worked there for nearly 20 years.

Last night we went out for a drive after Jools had fetched Chinese. It was nice, although guessing what kind of meat was in with the beansprouts was one thing. All mixed in together it was fine, doubly so if covered with sweet and sour sauce, which is syrup, really. We drove out from St Margaret’s and north to Ramsgate and then over to Broadstairs to Joss Bay where we looked upon the wonder that is the windfarm in all it’s glory. We got there just as the sun was setting, and the air was clear and it felt like we could see for forever. We took some pictures and then drove back. Not all that exciting, but to see the golden light of a late spring evening was wonderful.

On the way to work this morning, I stopped beside a field of oilseed rape to snap Ripple windmill up on the hill beyond. The sun shone upon it against a clear blue sky; it looked wonderful, and we live less than five miles from here; how did I ever get so lucky?

For those that follow these things, we have a new government, Dave and Nick, who are firm friends, and have fixed grins and smiles on their faces, who are always agreeing about things for now. Of course, that may change in the months and years to come, but for now the conlibdem pact is in full force. In a few weeks we will know, after they conduct a spending review, how deep a hole the country is; what is clear is that taxes will rise and the pain will be country-wide.
But, that is in the future, and for now the Dave-Nick love continues.

And for us the weekend stretches out like a stretchy thing, with the promise of cocktails tonight to celebrate someone at the box factory’s nuptials; London tomorrow and two steam locomotives passing through Dover as well. Photographs ahoy methinks.

Have fun.

No comments: