Friday 7 May 2010

Saturday 8th May 2010

06:50 hours; it's a day off and we're up and drinking the first cuppa of the day. The cats are fed, the bed made, and soon we will be heading out into the grey and drizzle of a Saturday morning.

But it is the weekend, no work, just stuff for us to do.

Even better for Jools, she has a week off, and I will be back at work on Monday morning. Oh well.

I got let out from work at two yesterday, which was great. It was windy, as it had been for two days and so there was no work on the wind farm, and there were very few of us in, and my boss said, let's go home. Who was I to argue? I have achieved some thing this week, and my standing has gone up, and so I thought, yes, go home, mow the lawn, and get dinner ready. Which is what I did; I had enough time to go into Dover to go to the pet shop to get more wild bird seed, come home, have a cup of tea and then go outside to mow the lawn, water the plants, and then get dinner ready.

Dull stuff for sure, but it's our life, and means there is less things to do over the weekend, and more time to go fun stuff.

Which today is to go to Deal to have breakfast on the pier, some shopping, and then, maybe a quiet day watching the rain fall. Which sounds just fine. It is also the final weekend of the football season, Norwich play their final game too, and already plans are afoot for the new season which starts in August. Before then there is the small matter of the World Cup; so very little break from football this year, and with me having evenings off, I will see most games.

Enjoy.

No comments: