Tuesday 4 May 2010

Tuesday 4th May 2010

And so another passes by in which it feels like I am drowning. And after feeling so positive last week. Well, the truth is that in asking a simple question, I opened a Pandora’s Box of other questions which went up and down the management chain. But, it should all be sorted out in the morning, or so I’m promised, which is the best I can hope with.

All the while, outside the sun shines down from a clear blue sky; perfect for photography, of course. I know that I am least earning money, and once this stuff is sorted out, might be able to make a contribution. I am still sorting through a mountain of paperwork which has built up and been forgotten about. So, I send mails asking questions about problems that have been long since sorted out, but no records exist as to whether they were done, or how much it cost.

Other than that, life is fine, Molly brought in a rat last night. A baby rat really, and was throwing it around under the table last night; her exuberance gave her away and raised our suspicions. That and the other cat that came through the cat flap just before bedtime, and was met with hissing and spitting from Molly which meant shutting the flap lest the other cat come in and mark territory, which we think has been happening.

So, an hour until time to go home; not that I am counting or anything: but that’s the best time of the day, of course.

Today marks a year since I came home from my last trip away, To Kazakhstan, and a week later UTEC went bust dumping me on the dole and our world changing forever. We hope that although we have not struggled this past year, it wasn’t as easy as we would have hoped, but I have spent much more time at home than I otherwise would have, and making life fuller, if not richer.

And there is other stuff, heavy family stuff which never gets resolved or goes away. Sometimes we just have to let it go, say our stuff and move on.

life is too precious to while away waiting for change we know will never come......

No comments: