Thursday 24 February 2011

Thursday 24th February 2011

Good evening.

The choice of viewing is either watching Liverpool in the Europa League or watching paint dry. There are other channels, hundreds and hundreds of channels, but there is nothing on. I have, in fact, given up looking.

That is a lie of course; I am sure that if I were to look there might well be something to watch, but I have chosen not to. Since that day in November 2006, when I went to sea for the first time, my love affair with television, to give it its official name, is over.
Even now that I don't go to sea, I still don't feel the need to watch if House has cured every disease and found happiness (whichever is more unlikely), there are more corpses in Vegas, Miami and New York than CSI don't know what to do with. I could go on, but won't.
The only thing we have watched these last few weeks was the Spike Lee film, When the Levee Broke, which was wonderful. But once it finished we turned off the TV and went to bed.

So, it is Thursday; Thursday evening. I no longer go to camera club because of the cliques and the sheer ridiculousness of it, and do 'other stuff', which normally involves messing around with photography and pictures anyway, just someone not saying if the shots are any good or not. And not listening to Jezza rambling on about Photoshop, HDR, and all the other stuff.

So, here I am writing; I have caught up on all my periodicals too, so an evening in bed covered in cats seems like a plan.
work is going well; getting things done, fixing problems and making flow diagrams with arrows, decision and process boxes; it'll be great when it's finished.

Spring is in the air, we have snowdrops in the garden as well as crocuses and the daffodils are sprouting well. Heck, it was even warm-ish today!

So, one more day at work, and then two days off and my planned walk along the cliff tops to Folkestone. I used to do it, so it should be no bother, right?

Wish me luck.....

No comments: