Tuesday 8 February 2011

Tuesday 8th February 2011

So, this week I am conducting an experiment to see how long I can go without the interwebs. Or, how long can I co without Flickr and Facebook. But, mostly Flickr.

I wake up in the morning, get dressed and Jools put the 'puter on so I can check my photostream. I answer mails, make comments whilst eating breakfast. And leave enough time to make lunch, clean my teeth before we head out to work. And it makes me grumpy; not having more time.

The view from my office.

As well as so much of my spare time taken up with photography and Flickr in particular, there really isn't enough time for everything else in life i want to do; reading, music, football and so on.

So, from Sunday evening, no Flickr, no Facebook, well in the morning and at home. I can use my phone to check on messages and the like from both accounts. So, how'd it go, Ian?

Harbourside

Well, no bad moods, even with little sleep, and the Steelers losing the Superbowl, I was fine. Lesson learned. I came home last night, made dinner, had a shower and read some magazines, and when tired went to sleep. Woke up refreshed and fine again.

Damn you interwebs!

Work has been fine, my boss in in Denmark and I have a stack of stuff to be getting on with. I have radio 6 streaming whilst I work. Life is good.

Ramsgate Harbour

And then today the sun came out. I mean it really shone bright. So, I decided to take my cameras in, and go for a walk into town, and have lunch at one of the harbourside cafes and take it all in. It really was very nice.

I sat and drunk espressos and ate French Onion soup, before wandering back to my office. t was all rather great.

Feeding the gulls

No comments: