Friday 1 July 2011

Friday 1st July 2011

It is Friday.

And the crowd goes wild.

And the sun is shining. And not too hot, not too cold. Just right. It’s a Goldilocks kind of day. And I am in the office, in the ground floor of the building with the tiny single window which brings a tiny, tiny amount of sunlight into this, my world. From my desk I can see the sunshine glaring off the cliffs, just. I am looking at the window in an oblique kind of way; there’s not much of a view.

Crocosmia

But, come four o’clock, I will be yabba-yabba-doing getting the heck out of here and running to the car and heading home. It’s not that I hate the job; far from it in fact. It is great being a pedant for a living, writing procedures and standing up for the changes I have made and winning. Sometimes.

Anyways, the weekend is nearly here, and we are ready. This week we seem to have been busy each evening; mowing the lawn, gardening, cooking, brewing and bottling beer, tidying up and the usual stuff that we have to do. After the hot start to the week, we waited for days for the much-promised thunderstorm to come and quench the heat. The storm didn’t happen, but it did cool down.

Crane fly

So, the weekend: we should be heading up to London Town tomorrow, to do some walking along canals and maybe some steam train watching. Maybe some eating out, just doing something different. I have not been to London to have a wander round since I went up to see Michael at the beginning of May, and together it must have been last autumn since we had a day out in London. So, the thought of wandering around canals, through the backside of London, the East End and then round to Camden and onto Kings Cross where, if our legs still work, back to St Pancras and back on the train back home. And on Sunday, although Jools does not know it, we might be heading to Folkestone for a huge outdoor art display which is scattered around the town. Better get there early so we can do it crowd-free.

Reach for the Sun

And that is it; back then to Monday and work again. But it is the weekend and we shall have fun; oh yes.

2 comments:

forkboy said...

Well... well... well... Little did I know you had a blog.

Maybe I've missed the clues. The hints. The outright announcements.

But here you are. And now I have yet another place to bug you!

jelltex said...

Oh, it's not my blog. I'm just blogsitting here for somebody......