Thursday 30 August 2018

Wednesday 29th August 2018

Another day working from home, and not much of any importance to report.

Not only working from home, but the weather forecast was awful, with hours and hours of torrential rain. And not quite getting light enough not to have the table lamp off.

Jools makes coffee so that when I come down to the living room, I am presented with a fresh cup of java, and all is right with the world, or would be if I didn't have to have to work in less than two hours. But if nothing else, I know how to fritter time away, and soon enough I have to start as I have an important meeting to attend at eight.

Two hundred and forty Through the day I make a fresh bowl of radu, starting off with the tomato sauce, laced with garlic, then adding onion and fresh diced courgette from the Jelltex garden, before browing sausage meet and letting the mix bubble for an hour or three. I have to add a few glugs of grog to keep it liquid enough, smelt lovely I have to say.

And a bloke who delivered a package of wildflower seeds even remarked on the fine smells.

Ragu Who am I to argue.

Outside the rain began to fall, and just kept going all day. Sounds of the world were dimmed, and the cats even gave up catching a series of fledgeling Goldfinches offering them each to me for my lunch. I make do with pate and salt n vinegar sandwiches.

Dinner As you do.

The day peters out, I watch some crap TV whilst I pretend to work with my laptop on my lap.

At five I put the pot of pasta sauce on a low heat to bubble, put the pasta on to boil and make garlic bread with half a stale loaf of corn bread, which all turns out pretty darn amazing even if I say so.

We toast our luck and tuck in, whilst outside the rain stops and the clouds clear, bathing the Dip in some late afternoon golden sunshine. But dark by half seven now, and feels chilly. But we do kid ourselves by eating a praline Magnum out on the patio and sup from a fresh brew as the birds sing for their supper and the day fades.

I listen to more footy; Forest v The Toon, and Forest run out 3-1 winners, which seemed to upset Newcastle. Oh well.

Time for bed.

No comments: