Saturday 7 September 2019

Friday 6th September 2019

Maybe I'm getting old, but this travelling lark is wearisome on occasion.

I slept well, helped no doubt by the autumnal temperatures, Scully lay beside me most of the night, very happy if her purring was anything to go by.

So, Friday.

Jools was up and making coffee, so I should get up too. Heck, its dark enough to need the table lamp on.

I like autumn, but I also love the endless daylight of summer; can't we have both?

Next door are having their garden upgraded. Not saying its because we did such a good job with ours, and I only mention it because of the huge amount of noise they guys are making. I know its just for a few days, but it is rather distracting. They begin hammering and sawing soon after eight.

Two hundred and forty nine I try to ignore them, so put on headphones and dive headfirst into the first meeting of the day.

Talking of meetings, I see on Tuesday I have the first day in years with no appointments, meetings or anything. I might spend it all day in bed.

Somehow sitting around and working makes me bored. And being bored makes me hungry. I have breakfast, second breakfast and lunch. All before midday.

I also make a new batch of tomato sauce to go with the leftover pasta ragu, and use the lamb stock from the weekend to add more liquid. It soon smells fine.

Is it dinner time yet?

Apparently not.

Friday morning I spend the last hour or so of the afternoon watching a documentary on the Sutton Hoo find on the BBC, then, once Jools comes home we go for a walk into the village so she can go to the library.

Then we walk back.

Exciting stuff.

Back home it is cool enough for Jools to go round close the windows and put the heating on. Yes, its winter already.

I cook the pasta, warm through the vegetables from the previous day, add chorizo. Jools pours the wine.

And we eat like kings and queens again. Damn, we're so lucky.

We spend the evening curled up on the sofa before watching a Montyless edition of GW.

It am the weekend.

No comments: