Friday 20 September 2019

Thursday 19th September 2019

Our 11th wedding anniversary.

We would celebrate by working.

Me at home, and Jools in Hythe.

But we would be reunited in the evening.

And after hauling myself out of bed, and drinking the coffee Jools had made, I do take myself to the spare room to do another session on the cross trainer, and after a while, enjoy it too.

That done, I have a shower, get dressed and go downstairs to make breakfast and another emergency coffee.

Wow, I feel almost alive.

And again, to work.

There are meetings; some to avoid, some to attend.

Jools had bought me a card, which meant I had to go out to get one back. We have for many years not bought cards on our anniversary or Christmas, but she did this year. Anyway, it means that after a long slow morning and two hours of the afternoon, I could put on me walking boots and take myself outside, along the street then down and up the other side into the village to buy a card at the post office.

It was warm, nearly hot. And a fine day to be out walking.

When I pay for the card I selected: "One your wedding day", not anniversary. But its the thought that counts, I believe. I ask, is it an ice cream day, because it would be silly to take this loose change back home. Yes, it is an ice cream day, they assured me.

So, I walk over the road to the village shop and buy a double cramel Magnum, and enjoy it very much as I walk down the hill home.

And I can reveal that as a result of weeks on the cross trainer, I did not huff and puff up either hill, and needed no breathers.

It was now late afternoon, and no dinner to prepare, as we were going out.

The Lantern, Martin, Kent News popped up on my FB newsfeed regarding a special night at the Lantern in Martin, a Japanese banquet. So, I booked a table, and we were due to sit down at seven.

We started off with three kinds of marinated seaweeds in a salad, followed my marinated beef. The main course was a huge plate of sushi, and completed with green tea ice cream.

Two hundred and sixty two Yummy.

We also shared a slice of cheesecake.

Because anniversary.

We drive home, have a coffee. And to bed we go.

We do well.

No comments: