Wednesday 28 September 2022

Tuesday 27th September 2022

We come to the end of the month, past the autumn equinox, and now nights are longer than days. Each morning, the sun rises more to the south, so that when it rises we can see it from the back door now, if we're looking.

Life has settled down again now I'm back from my tavels, though that does mean I have travel expenses to do, once I get al the receipts together.

Jools left for work early, as she had Monday off, so to make sure they're all caught up., now that the end of the month approaches.

Dawn clouds I have cleared my calendar as my presence in an audit all day was requested. Due to IT issues, I was late in joining, I send a text message of applogy.

What are you doing in the audit, the boss of the person who requested my presence and forwarded me the invite asked.

I explained.

I don't think we need you. If we do, we shall send message.

Just like that.

So, I spend an hour trying to get my scanner to work so I can scan the receipts for expense claim. But the computer and scanner refused to talk, even when the utilities found it, the scanning one could not. I switched to compact camera, snapped all the receipts, even the one I had thoughtlessly hidden in a back compartment of my wallet.

Then sent the images to my work address, as my work computer has no SD card slots.

So it goes, so it goes.

I have fruit for breakfast and sit and wait for the call that never came. Seven wasted hours.

So it goes.

I have vegetable chilli for lunch. Still spicy.

And wait some more.

Three comes and goes, and Teams tells me that the meeting ended. No word to me. At all.

I am so fed up, I go to mow the lawn, the mower started up first time, and now I have locktightened the bolts, it stayed in one piece.

Which was nice.

THe lawn looks more like a lawn again now, even if many of the rosettes give truth to that lie when you get close up to look. Two hundred and seventy But it looks good, and with the neatly trimmed hedges, just about all set for winter. I just need to do one more tighter cut, scarify and then scatter seeds, and it will be done.

Dinner was simply pizza and beer. No more, no less.

And magnificent with it.

And easy to clear up once we had eaten.

I was going to follow Scotland against Ukraine, but could find it on nowhere legally, so followed by text until nine, at which point I was too tired to stay up.

So, went to bed.

No comments: