Monday 3 October 2022

Sunday 2nd October 2022

It am the weekend

Not only that, I'm on me holibobs. So need not do anything.

But my hair........

Yes, it is barnet mangling time, and I really need to go, as it seems as I get older, the sooner it goes all greasy.

So, I will go to Folkestone.

And as it is pissing it down, Jools will not come.

We had coffee. Fruit and second coffee.

I get in the car at nine and drive to Folkestone. Not much to report, traffic light, but lots of spray as it is still pissing it down.

I had no coat, so hoped the umbrella was still in the boot. (trunk).

It was.

I parked nearer the barbers than I normally do, meaning a flatter and quicker walk to the shop.

For a change, I wasn't first in line, but there's still an empty chair to get into. And the guy is pissed with the Government. I mean, not being ride, but get to the end of the queue. But then he has a business to run, that the Tories are doing their best to ruin. These are not easy times.

But my barnet gets cut. My eyebrows shown and my ears shaved. Really.

I pay the guy, walk up to ASDA to buy some onions, but find a veg stall in the mall, so buy them there instead, and walk back to the car in the drizzle to go home.

We were out of onions, and I wanted to make chicken chilli for lunch. I had half a tin of chipotles to use, and as I use these, don't need chili poweder or cyanne pepper.

Back home I make the sauce, add the chillis and onions, garlic, tomatoes and two tins of beans.

Hubble bubble.

I brown the chicken, add to the pot and simmer for an hour.

Done.

We eat, nd are done just in time for the Manc derby.

Now, anything could happen.

What happened was a murder.

6-1 to Citeh until they made four changes and took their foot of the gas. Ended 6-3 but that was very kind to Utd.

Two hundred and seventy five It is autumn, and it is hop-picking season, and brewers all over Kent have been busy brewing beer with fresh hops rather than dried ones. This is called "green" beer, and our favourite pub, The Carpenter's Arms was having a festival.

The Carpenter's Arms, Coldred, Kent I drove us there, but Jools had to drive us back.

I had three different pints, all made with fresh hops, and all very different.

We sat on a bench on the village green, watching the world go by.

There's worse ways to spend the afternoon.

JOols took us home, so I could see the 2nd half of the Leeds v Villa game. Ended 0-0.

I stayed awake.

We have the rest of the short cakes for supper.

And somehow the weekend has gone by. But don't worry, I have the week off!

No comments: