Monday 31 October 2022

Sunday 30th October 2022

I bought the moth trap to photograph a number of species. Not only hawkmoths, but an autumn specialityis the Merville du Jour. And seeing this is whay I have utting the trap out more and more, as others in the FB Kent moth group, several have been posted as having been trapped.

With no rain forecast for Saturday night, I put the trap out, so once it was light, and that came an hour earlier thanks to the clocks going back, I went to check on it and see what had been caught, and right away I could see a Merville on the outside of the trap.

Three hundred and three I had my camera with me, so was able to take some shots of that and other moths found on the eggboxes inside.

Happy with that.

Jools went swimming, so I prepared fruit for breakfast, and put the croissants in the oven ready to warm up.

Black Prince Meanwhile, rain which had not been forecasted, began to fall.

Oh well.

The plan for the day was going to the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway for their end of season gala, I wrote times down at at St Mary's Bay, and we drove to Hythe, I let Jools out so she could walk down the prom, she would get quite wet.

Hercules I needed to get to the station by quarter past ten, and was frustrated by traffic lights and slow cars. But I was there with four minutes to spare, and after getting the camera out and fitted the big lens, I went to take up position, just in time for the crossing lights began to start flashing.

Northern Chief For a while I was the only one there, but soon a young lad was videoing the crossing, and came to shelter on the station with his parents.

Southern Maid I stayed until half eleven, with no sign of the weather improving, I left, needless to say, by the time i got home skies had cleared and there was wall to wall sunshine.

Winston Churchill So it goes.

I picked up Jools from Hythe, and we went home.

As we approached Dover we were overtaken by a police car, and at the BP garage, about a dozen more were there along with ambulences, and a fire engine roared towards the Western Docks.

A guy had firebomed the immigration centre beside Dover Marine, then drove to the filling station, tied a rope to a barrier, round his neck and drove off.

He didn't make it.

This is what happened when the media demonise the most desperate of people, blaming them for the ills in the country, when it is the grifters in Government who have been selling England off by the pound to their mates.

We didn't know then what happened, but found out later when the story broke on the BBC.

So sad.

Back home, I make chorizo hash for lunch, and that was all cooked and eaten and dishes washed up by half two, all ready for the only live game on Sky at quarter past four. Man Utd beat West Ham 1-0, not a bad game, but not that good.

And that was it.

Darkness fell at half four, and was pitch dark by five.

Winter is here.

No comments: