Monday 21 November 2022

Sunday 20th November 2022

And on the seventh day, the rain did fall, and it did not get ligt until well after seven.

I lay in bed and listened to the rain falling.

I get up at just gone seven, feed the cats and make coffee.

Outside, weak milky ligh spreads from the east, clouds low and dark throw sheets of yet more rain.

Promise was of rain clearing and unbroken sunshine by the middle of the afternoon. I doubted it, as I heard my old Dad say, "it's set in for the day".

We have breakfast, and as if my magic, driven my a keen westerly, the rain stopped and the clouds did indeed clear.

Jools went for a walk while I had a shower and was able to sit outside to read the latest Rail magazne. Birds were very busy in the bushes and feeder, the robin especially had made it clear he likes to peck at a fatball, so I put one on the low tray, and he's happy.

Three hundred and twenty four Jools comes home and makes rhubarb crumble for lunch. That goes in the oven and i warm the custard up. This is old fashioned comfort food, just like my Mum and her Mum used to make.

And there was enough left over for me to have for lunch on Monday.

And then with clear blue skies outside, we went to Deal for a walk. Its been a while.

Deal is a fine town these days, and we're lucky to live so close. And for the gentle walker, it has the bonus of not having hills.

A walk in Deal We parked on the Stand, then walked past the pier and the castle, passing the beached fishing boats. My back was grumbling even with this little exercise, so near to the lifeboat station, we sit on a bench, watch people for 15 minutes, then able back.

A walk in Deal By the time we were walking back, the sun was now behind the buildings of the town, and what warmth there was, was lost.

Back to the car and then to home, getting back just as dusk was falling, and as if by magic, in time for the kick off of the first World Cup game. Seems I'm going to watch it, anyways.

A walk in Deal Two hours of dull football, and the home team put to the sword.

Night had fallen, we had wine and peanuts for supper. Pigs in blankets coated peanuts. Tasted only of peanuts, but we crunchy.

And that was the weekend.

Off to bed after #wildflowerhour and read an article in WSC.

No comments: