Tuesday 1 October 2024

Sunday 29th September 2024

After the sun and light winds of Saturday, Sunday turned out to be a return to autumn.

The sunny intervals promised us did not materialise. Instead it was cloudy, breezy and cool.

We slept in until nearly eight, thus giving us just over an hour to wake up and have coffee before going to Folkestone so I could get a haircut.

I was last shorn on the day before my birthday in that London as we dodged showers, and after five weeks it feels like I have a woolly hat on, so time to visit the guys.

The port in Dover was quiet, little on the roads, and turning off at Capel , once again no traffic.

I drop Jools at the harbour so she can go for a walk, while I go to Raynor's Upper Park to leave the car and walk to the barbers.

Two hundred and seventy three I had ten minutes to wait for it opened, so watched those up an about early on a Sunday morning: the hungover and dog-walkers, it seemed.

Once shorn again, I walk back to the car where Jools waiting, so with nothing else to do, we drive back home for breakfast, and then me mix and prepare the second Christmas cake.

And after an hour's work, the cake was in the oven for its four and a half hour baking, we washed up, and despite only just having had breakfast, I cook lunch.

That was all done, cooked and washed up by two, so I could watch the first of the games on TV: Ipswich v Villa. And a good game, ended 2-2, and a fair result.

That was followed by Man Utd v Spurs, and ended up 0-3 to Spurs. United were awful, and were lucky only to lose by three. Pundits and fans react like its a disaster, whereas it was a poor team playing poorly.

So it goes.

Cheese and bread and wine for supper.

And so 17days off have come and gone. Work in the morning, but also, a new world.

No comments: