Friday 10 September 2010

Friday 10th September 2010

10/09/10. As it were. And it is Friday, and so I have left work for the weekend and am now home, having had a huge cup of tea, and now looking forward to the weekend stretching out before me.

Teardrop

Although i have not said which company I am working for, maybe some of you have guessed, but anyway, we are currently building and commissioning the world's largest offshore wind farm project. And yesterday, the technicians commissioned the 100th and final turbine. I am not sure when the project was due to end, but it has gone very well, and set new industry standards in the installation phase. There is still work to do to get it ready for our customer, but for today, this is a cause for huge celebration. Most of the team have headed to a go kart circuit to have a fine afternoon of racing, and then off to some lucky establishment this evening for tea and medals; sorry, dinner and the occasional drink.

Fly

I am still waiting to see my contract, but it has made the journey from Denmark to England, and i should see it before next week is out. and then we shall see what the small print says.

Rainy Sun

I shall fill this entry with shots taken yesterday evening after a storm and the sun had come out, and everything sparkled like they were hung with bright jewels.

I am off out for a drink or three myself this evening, as I am going to meet up with friends from the box factory; this will be the first time I have seen them since the beginning of January.

The monster in our garden!

So, strap yourself in, the weekend starts here!

No comments: