Tuesday 12 April 2016

Wednesday 13th April 2016

As I am on my travels in the morning, you get a bonus blog today, all about what happened today.

You lucky people.

Tuesday

Outside there is a smart new hire car, all fueled, insured and set to drive over the Channel, but due to the terrorist attacks, there is to be no travel through Brussels airport, although not affecting me, the meeting today was by computer, so no need to travel. And the news of the change came too late to alter my travel plans, so the car is outside.

Comma Polygonia c-album But I get to go tomorrow, drive through Pas de Nord into Belgium, Holland and finally into Germany to the hotel. Should take about 4 and a half hours from Calais, and I have all day to do the trip, so no worries.

It was cloudy in the morning, but with some wonderful light as the sun rose away in the east. I go outside to check on the frits, as usual, put bird food out and once Jools has left for work, have breakfast and steel myself for another day of meetings.

Fritillaria imperialis The cats settle down and I am left alone, well apart from when he brought in a, thankfully, dead mouse and laid on the floor beneath my chair with the mouse corpse between his front paws. He was happy, I was just glad I did not have to break off the meeting to catch said mouse.

I take breaks to walk in the sunshine that had broken through and manage to take some shots of the flowers, a ladybird I rescued from one of the wildlife pools, and a Comma butterfly, the first one I snapped this spring.

Fritillaria imperialis The afternoon is given over to one long meeting; the video on one communicator system, and the audio on another; and more amazingly, both work very well and we have a good meeting.

But disaster had struck: I was out of coffee. So there was nothing to it other than to go to Tesco to get a pack of coffee, and somehow a huge custard cream cake/biscuit thing also fell into the basket. I came back via Kingsdown, just to look at the Early Spiders, but see only spikes forming again. Will be weekend at the earliest.

Seven Spot Ladybird Coccinella septempunctata The day ends with some last minute mails and setting an out of office message, and somehow it is already five in the afternoon, and time to prepare dinner; the old favourite, chorizo hash. But another disaster in that we are now out of picante paprika.

This evening there has been a shower, packing and listening to the football. And another day has slipped through my fingers, and tomorrow there is a road trip. A good day beckons. See you at the weekend.

No comments: