Friday 6 January 2017

Wednesday 4th January 2017

And welcome back to Denmark! Bet you thought I might never return?

Well, never fear, with head office here, I will coming back once a month at least for the foreseeable future anyways.

I throw open the curtains, and look on the scene outside. As I arrived late the night before, I did not set my alarm, so it was twenty past seven, and light was already showing in the sky. Traffic was jumping on the street outside, or cruising to a stop at the traffic lights at the junction 50m away to the left. It had stopped raining, so it looked cold.

And outside, by crikey, it was cold. And was due to get colder. I have to clear the windscreen of ice, and then drive to the office in the port area, not enough time for the car to warm up.

I go round greeting friends, wishing them happy new year and asking about their holidays. That done it was time for work, and maybe even a walk into the yard to look at the turbines.

The storm the night before had abated, but caused havoc with some of the facilities we have, so work was delayed until it could be repaired. But the turbines look good, and now we have less than half the project on the quayside ready to load. Although there is much work to do, and much of it hard, we have come a long way, and the end can be seen in the far distance.

I go out to look at the turbines. In the bright sunshine and with the blue sky as a background, the towers look fabulous. I take a few shots; this is because I have started a shot a day project, so each post for a day should have at least one picture to illustrate it. So you have been warned.

Four Anyway, with the big tidy up going on, all I can do as a manager is what managers have said to me in the past "you're doing a great job, they look great!" Maybe they even believe me. This time I was telling the truth.

The day continues, I put out some fires, and pass fires to others to deal with, as I am a manager I may as well share the pain!

At four, all are leaving the site for the day, so I join them, driving back to the hotel, and making sure I was in the restaurant before half five as I had skipped lunch. I treated myself, of the company treated me, to cauliflower soup which was sprinkled with crispy bacon. See there is little that cannot be improved with bacon. Followed by rib eye steak and beets. Yes beets. And it was splendid, I did not each all the friens, or all the steak, stopping once I was full.

I went back to my room and climbed in bed and dozed for two hours with the radio playing in the background. I woke up to watch the Spurs v Chelski game on TV, which was very good and kept me awake until 11. Spurs won 2-0, and were well worth the win.

Then I went to sleep, and slept long and well.

No comments: