Tuesday 24 January 2023

Monday 23rd January 2023

Not much to report on Monday.

Monday is a long, long way from Friday. And no travel for me this week.

Up at five, Jools is all a blur as she is getting ready to go swimming before work, leaving the house at quarter to six, leaving behind me and the cats.

I try to summon up the enthusiasm for another working week by mainlining coffee.

I still wan't ready at seven, but I had to start.

Somewhere.

Most of the day is spent preparing for an audit I am doing over the next two days, so I write notes and answer some of the mails from last week.

Some.

Turns out there's not enugh hours in the day.

Who knew?

By the time three came, I go out to check the bird feeders, and in doing so I find it is much, much colder than it looks. My back suggests maybe to skip the afternoon walk.

My head agrees.

It felt like it was getting dark by four. In fact it was so dark through the day, the table lamp was never turned off. And out in the garden the two snowdrops that have been in bud for a week, still haven't open, and nearby there are no signs of any winter aconites either.

What there is, amazingly, is the white climbing rose, which has been in flower for months, still is, and in the coffee dregs of the afternoon, I snap the lowest of the blooms, and there is your picture of the day.

Twenty three Dinner was to be Teriyaki Chicken, fried potatoes and a fresh batch of Boston Beans I spent most of the day cooking.

The beans were/are magnificent.

And there was wine.

Fulham v Spurs on the tellybox in the evening, watching it I shared space on the sofa with Scully, who bit me.

I probably deserved it.

So it goes, so it goes.

No comments: