Thursday 26 January 2023

Wednesday 25th January 2023

Wednesday, and another day at the coalface, though there was no coal involved.

Twenty five Was supposed to be a fine day, but the cloud never cleared, and in the afternoon mist drifted in and temperatures dropped to just above freezing.

A walk in the mist Jools started the day with heading off early for another session in the pool, and I had a good podcast to listen to. Nice to drink a fresh coffee too, with the cats settling down for a hard day's snoozing with only the occasional demand for food.

A walk in the mist But I did go for a walk, and the ground conditions have improved so much I walked through the estate and out to the lower of the tracks before walking west to Station Road back home.

A walk in the mist On my drive to Warrington and back, I listened to all my music in the i tunes library, so now have been searching for podcasts to listen to, and on this walk was treated to the latest The Sound of Football podcast

A walk in the mist Meanwhile, back in our garden, the carpet of green leaves have produced their first Sweet Violet, self seeded, and so the season begins once again.

Back home I made jambalaya for dinner, with chicken, chorizo, tomatoes, spices and rice.

Not as fierce as gumbo, and takes about half the time to cook too.

Football again in the evening, though I give up at half time with Man Yoo 2-0 up against Forest.

No comments: