Thursday 19 October 2023

Tuesday 17th October 2023

Tuesday, and day two of my three day week.

I like that.

The days are getting ever shorter and the nights longer and colder. I put a blanket on the bed the night before, and found Cleo had slept on it and me all night.

Tuesday Bless.

Up at half five, quarter to six. Makes no difference as its still dark, though light is beginning to appear. Through the day the temperature will rise and winds will increase, and into Wednesday when the wind will howl and the rain will pour.

But for now its quiet.

And bright.

I am now at an age when the medical profession takes more interest what comes out of my body than it should.

Or maybe I am being sensitive.

I have been called in for a whole series of tests: blood work, blood pressure, flu vaccination, and so on. This was the blood pressure which revealed I have high blood pressure, which is why I take pills.

Due to the automated way these are done, rather than have the test done in the village, I have to get to Dover and one of the two side by side medical centres just along the river from the middle of town.

Two hundred and ninety For this, I ask Jen to take me down, she then waits in the car as I sit in this room waiting to be called.

We were asked to mask up, but only I do.

Jen then runs me back home, back home for four and time to prepare dinner before it gets dark.

I was going to do some gardening, but don't, in the end.

The evening was filled with football: England v Italy, in a repeat of the Euros from two years back. Close in the 1st, which ends 1-1, but England get better after the break and cruise to a 3-1 win.

No comments: